Skip to main content

trade with estonia

Robots covering the night shift at Estonian sheet metal plant

HyTech Comp, located just off the Tallinn ring road in Estonia, is a thin sheet metal components producer for the electronics industry, fully focused on export and using robots in the manufacturing process. The company operated under the name Hyrles until recently, when the brand was revamped to better describe the company’s focus on international markets. HyTech Comp’s CEO Urmo Sisask says that they are 100 per cent committed to international subcontracting – their entire production is shipped to the rest of the world. “Around 60 per cent of our production goes directly to our foreign clients and the remaining 40 per cent is exported by our clients based in Estonia, such as ABB and Enics. The key question about subcontracting is how to position yourself in the global value chain and we’re proud to say that HyTech Comp ranks pretty high up there,” believes Sisask.

The sheet metal manufacturer’s core strength lies in using modern technology and a high level of automation and digitalisation in the production process. Like many other Estonian companies, HyTech Comp is convinced that the main value proposition of local businesses stems from their flexibility, driven by the limited size of the domestic market. “Internationalisation is a key motivation for us, because our home market simply isn’t big enough for us, therefore we have to aim for export markets in order to survive. Finland has essentially become our home market – while there are many SMEs in the sheet metal business there, they lack the ambition to export. This is where our focus on export markets becomes a clear advantage, not to mention the flexibility to quickly react to customer demands at competitive pricing levels.”

Export-oriented PharmaPark has opened a plant for veterinary drugs
  • News
The Estonian-Dutch company PharmaPark opened the largest European veterinary medicines plant in…
Read article
Estonian-made JALG TV stand has won the prestigious Red Dot product design award
  • News
JALG, a minimalist TV stand created by Estonian designers Argo Männiste and…
Read article
Elcogen constructs new factory to fuel global expansion
  • News
The hydrogen technology company Elcogen recently announced the development of a new…
Read article
Eleport´s new CEO plans to accelerate the growth in new markets
  • News
The Estonian electric vehicle infrastructure development company Eleport announced the appointment of…
Read article
Milrem Robotics has opened a new factory that will increase production capacity fivefold
  • News
Estonian defense industry company Milrem Robotics, the world’s leading robotics and autonomous systems…
Read article
Estonian maternity startup CARÁ Health raised €620 000 to expand to Germany 
  • News
Estonian company CARÁ Health has raised €620,000 to provide prenatal and postpartum…
Read article
Producer price index of industrial production down by nearly three percent
  • News
The producer price index of industrial output, which expresses changes in the…
Read article
Estonia and Singapore start to cooperate in the field of deep technology
  • News
Today, Enterprise Estonia board member Liina Maria Lepik and Singapore Deep Tech…
Read article
Influencers can boost and make the Estonian industry more appealing
  • News
The Estonian industrial sector needs new, talented people. To achieve this, the…
Read article

ready to trade with estonia?

What is it really like to do business in Estonia? How can you benefit from the country’s world-famous e-solutions and unique business culture? What opportunities await you in your sector?

The Trade Estonia team is here to answer all your questions and point you in the right direction.

Request sourcing help